Clear Closet Out
Take everything out of your closet and sort the items (dresses with dresses, pants with pants, shoes with shoes, etc)
With each category ask yourself the following:
- Does this item fit? If it does not fit it must fit within 3 month or it goes!
- Is this item damaged?
- When did I last wear this?
- Do I have more than one of these?
- Is this still in style?
- Do I love it?
Have a bag for donation and trash. Label each bag so that you don’t mix them up. Monitor your keep stack. You don’t want to overstuff your closet.
Organize What You Keep
Now that you know what’s staying it’s time to get it back into the closet.
- I suggest haning everything backwards. As you wear an item you can turn the hangerthe correct way.
- Keep your categories together (Pants with pants, shirts with shirts)
- Keep all accessories together (ex: Belts on belt hanger; Ties on tie rack)
Donate, Donate, Donate
As soon as you are done take your donation bags to the car. Take out the items that have been labeled trash also.